Friday, February 5, 2010

Wham bam thank you caveman

I know that I've been posting a lot of links to new pieces of mine over at Teleport City this week, and I want to correct the impression that I might be on some kind of bathtub crank fueled writing jag. The truth is that some of these reviews were written quite some time ago, and were just on hold while TC spent the month of January honoring the films of Japan's Nikkatsu Studio.

Well, Nikkatsu Month is over now, but with February comes another B-Masters Roundtable, this time with the theme "10,000 B.S.", which I think is probably self explanatory. My contribution is a review of When Women Lost Their Tails, a 1972 film that is one part knuckleheaded Italian sex comedy and one part scathing critique of the capitalist system. Read the full review here.

No comments: