Monday, June 9, 2008

I love you... me neither

Reviewing the 1969 French film Slogan -- a movie without which the French pop power couple of Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin might never have existed -- seemed like a great change of pace after most of what I've been covering for Teleport City lately. But was my verbal facility up to the task of describing a film whose climax involved no blowing up of any gigantic underground compounds... or whose cast included no masked luchadores? Read my full review and find out.

5 comments:

houseinrlyeh aka Denis said...

Wait, there are films without explosions?

Todd said...

I know, right?

houseinrlyeh aka Denis said...

It's terribly disconcerting. Like the time someone told me there are no flying giant turtles living in Japan.

Todd said...

Wh... what?

I guess that would explain the folks at my local video store being so annoyed by my constantly moving those movies into the documentary section.

houseinrlyeh aka Denis said...

Heh.
But just think how The Kenny must feel...
At least we still have Godzilla and the certain knowledge that all will be put right by masked Mexicans.